VolunTeen Summer 2015 Agreement
To Teens and Parents/Guardians:
The Roseville Public Library VolunTeen Program is a way for teens to be of service to the library and its customers, to satisfy a volunteer requirement, to be a positive example for younger customers, to work with other teens, and
to instill a love of reading in others.
Our VolunTeen Program is essential to the success of our library programs. VolunTeen members assist with the Summer Reading Program by working at the Summer Reading Table at each of the branches (answering questions, handing out
reading logs and prizes, and keeping statistics), assisting staff with program tasks, and representing the librar at Summer Reading events. In addition, VolunTeens serve on the Teen Library Council and help plan library events, select library material and
The VolunTeen plays and important role in our library system. Each VolunTeen is expected to be present and ready to work when scheduled.
As a Roseville Public Library VolunTeen, I agree to:
1. Be between the ages of 12 and 18.
2. Attend one training session, scheduled for May 2 at 10:30am and May 6 at 5:00pm
3. Attend at least two of the four Teen Library Council meeting scheduled for the third Friday of each month during the VolunTeen session (May 1st-August 31st, 2015).
4. Commit to and complete at least 10 volunteer hours during the VolunTeen session (May 1st-August 31st, 2015), including the orientation session.
5. Arrive at the library branch or other assigned location at my assigned time. If I am unable to do this, I will call the library at (916) 77405221 or find a replacement at least 24 hours before I am scheduled and call the library.
6. Sign in and out on the appropriate sign in sheet. To remain at my post until my time slot has ended. If I am unable to do this, I will speak with the staff member in charge.
7. Perform my duties as assigned. If I have questions about what I am to do, i will ask the staff on duty.
8. Be courteous and respectful to library customers, staff and other volunteers.
9. Refer customers to library staff when questions arise that are not related to Summer Reading.
10. Wear a VolunTeens lanyard and/or name badge when I'm working.
11. Focus on my assignment while I'm working and to keep socializing to a minimum, including cell phone use and texting.
12. use the public computers during my shift only with permission of library staff.
13. Come to the library read to focus on my assignment and without other responsibilities/commitments.
14. Give the City of Roseville permission to photograph me participating in official VolunTeen activities and to use those pictures in city and library promotional materials, i.e. flyers, displays, city website.
15. Maintain a positive attitude and have fun!