The Transitional Jobs Program combines hands-on, skill development and supportive services to transition participants successfully into unsubsidized employment. The essential underpinning of the program is that every participant can be successful in the
Reception of clients and visitors, support Transitional Jobs Program operations, directing communication, performance of administrative tasks, working with volunteers, assisting with various projects in the TJP office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with TJP staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
- Conduct preliminary client intake.
- Provide basic information and referrals for clients.
- Assist TJP staff in maintaining updated client records.
- Ensures all forms are completed and files are maintained accurately, in accordance with Salvation Army confidentiality policies.
- Enter client service records into database.
- Process regular clients for services.
- Keep office environment tidy.
- Track assistance requests.
- Ensures compliance with all funding guidelines and Salvation Army policies.
- Represent The Salvation Army at a variety of conference and meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
This individual relates to, and interacts with, a wide range of contacts both within and outside The Salvation Army including, but not limited to, staff, department heads, and community employers. In these contacts, they act as a representative of the Army
and its mission.
This position functions under the direct supervision of the Transitional Jobs Manager
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively and efficiently the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of accomplishing assigned goals.
GED or HSD preferred.
Three months experience in an office environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to use diplomacy and good judgment
Demonstrated ability to use initiative
Strong organizational skills
Able to work cooperatively with others and as a team member
Physical Demands/Work Environment
This position must work with clients that have poor social skills, mental illness and substance abuse problem.
Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds