Description: Assist librarians with the scanning and digitization of City documents to be included in an online database.
• Enrolled in a library or Archives program
• Detail-oriented & ability to work independently
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to handle fragile materials
• Metadata creation and entry
• Performs digitization post-production and quality control
• Help develop standards, processes and augment documentation of procedures
Availability: 4-8 hours weekly. Mondays – Fridays, 9am-5pm, schedule to be arranged.
Teens who will be entering 7th grade or up in the Fall are eligible to apply.
As summer reading volunteers, the teens will help younger students sign up for the reading program and award prizes. This is a good opportunity to earn community service credit for school and scouting programs.
Teens will be required to attend an orientation and must submit a waiver signed by a parent/guardian before beginning the volunteer program.
The Summer Reading Program runs from Monday, June 9,2014 - Saturday, August 2, 2014.